100% Fixed: Windows 10 No Login Screen on Startup (2020)
As you know that when you have set a password in Windows 10 then you have to first enter the password on the login screen after switching on the laptop or computer. But sometimes you face the problem that Windows 10 login screen does not appear due to which you cannot start your computer as normal.
If the login screen is not appearing on startup in Windows 10 then u have to follow the following steps to get a solution to this problem.
First of all, hit Space, enter button to activate the Command Prompt, and then boot your laptop or computer. After that follow the methods given below:
We will discuss five methods to solve the above-mentioned problem.
- Enable Safe Mode Method
- Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt Method
- Rebuild Windows 10 Boot Options Method
- Disable Fast Startup Method
- Choosing an Automatic Login-in Method
Method 1: Enable Safe Mode
When Windows 10 No Login Screen on Startup then you have to get into the safe mode from the startup settings.
- First press the Shift key and hold it and then press the Restart button and restart your laptop or PC.
- Select the Troubleshoot option and then Advanced options and go to Startup Settings.
- In Startup settings Select the Enable Safe Mode Option.
- After that restart your computer it will prompt you to type in your password to start.
- After getting logged in uncheck the box of Safe mode from boot options in System Configuration.
From now you will be free to login to Windows 10 without any problem. Now you will have to enter the password only to sign in which would be shown on the login screen.
Method 2: Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
To go to safe mode for fixing the problem of getting no password prompt at the login screen in Windows 10you have to shut down your Laptop or computer by force.
- Press the Power button for a hard reboot of your computer until the options screen is shown to you.
- When the options screen will be shown select Troubleshoot.
- Then go to Advanced options then Startup Settings and Enter Safe Mode.
Here Select the option of Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt, which is to prepare for the next solution.
4.After that reboot your computer and start it again and disable safe mode. Now you will see the password prompt on the login screen and the problem will have been resolved.
Method 3: Rebuild Windows 10 Boot Options
- First of all, Enter the Safe Mode with Command Prompt as discussed earlier. After entering safe mode with the command prompt, it is easy for you to reset something about the startup settings.
- In Command Prompt, copy the following commands one by one, every time you input a command, press Enter to run it.
- After that Windows 10 will give you the drive letter the PC is on. Maybe it would not be a local disk (C:) so just remember it in your mind and type in the drive letter.
Now most probably the password prompt will be shown to you at the login screen and the problem will be fixed.
Method 4: Disable Fast Startup
When you try to login to windows 10 but the Password prompt is not shown to you on the login screen then you should turn off fast startup.
- Go to the Start menu and click on Settings in which find the power and sleep option
- In the Power and sleep option, click on Additional power settings in Related settings.
- In Additional Power Settings Select the option“Change what the power buttons do” option.
- After that click option of “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- After clicking the above-mentioned option Uncheck the box of Turn on fast startup and then click on the Save changes option.
After that, you can see a login screen with a password prompt on Windows 10 when you will boot your computer or laptop and the problem of not showing the Password prompt will be resolved.
Solution 5: Choose an Automatic Login-in
When you experience that the Windows login screen does not appear after turning on your computer or laptop then you should log in in automatically next time.
Follow the steps given below to set automatic login for Windows 10.
- Press the Windows + R at the same time to activate the Run box and type netplwiz in the box. After that click OK to go to the User Accounts window.
- In the User Accounts window uncheck the option of User must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Then click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Now there will be no need for you to enter your password when u will boot your computer. This is the alternative solution for Windows 10 not showing a password prompt at the login screen.
Recommended Read: HOW TO DROP ITEMS IN ROBLOX
I hope this article helped you in learning how to solve the problem of not getting a password prompt at the login screen. I told methods that everyone can understand and follow it. If you find this article helpful then like and share this article with your friends on all the social media platforms.